Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an IVV Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (EUMETSAT).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for over 20 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
EUMETSAT currently operates a system of satellites composed of:
- geostationary satellites of the Meteosat Second Generation Programme (MSG).
- polar-orbiting satellites as part of the EUMETSAT Polar System (EPS/ Metop)
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 A and B satellites,
- Jason-CS (Sentinel-6A Michael Freilich Mission) satellite.
Preparations for future satellite Programmes are well underway and include Meteosat Third Generation (MTG), EUMETSAT Polar System Second Generation (EPS-SG), Sentinel-6B and new Copernicus missions (such as CO2M).
- System requirements specification and verification:
- Creation, maintenance, and coordination of system data circulation tests and test procedures, within EUMETSAT and with external entities (partners and industry)
- For all relevant test activities consolidation of the test results, generation of test reports and performance of the necessary analysis
- Support and maintenance of the Space-to-Ground Interface Requirements Document (SGIRD)
- Verification Control Matrices: Maintenance, Analysis of sub-System level and associated documentation, and Assessment, collection and tracking of results of verification activities
- Preparation of verification control documents
- Contribution to the in-house development and validation of test tools and their maintenance
- Contribution to the acceptance of test tools / test data provided by industry (such as ESA, CNES, DLR)
- RF-Compatibility Tests & IOT:
- Maintenance of the relevant documentation, such test plan and test procedures for testing of space-to-ground RF interfaces
- Execution of the relevant test procedures and consolidation of the test results and generation of test reports
- Maintain the schedule for the test activities, taking into account the development schedule of ground stations, of test tools (such as RF suitcases). Coordination of shipments of test tools (such as RF suitcase) to the ground station
- As part of the IOT activities, lead the activities related to the Space-to-Ground and Ground-to-Space radio frequency link budgets computation
- Assess propagation impairments, including models for its estimation
Mandatory Technical skills:
- Proven experience in the verification and validation of large complex systems
- Hands-on experience with the preparation of test documentation (test plans, specifications, procedures and reports)
- Involvement in RF design related to space-to-ground interfaces at satellite and/or ground station level
- Experience in other areas of IVV, such as Satellite System Validation Tests (i.e. validation of end-to-end TM/TC chains and of spacecraft operational procedures)
- Proven experience with definition and development of test tools and generation of test data sets
- System requirements management and functional/architectural modelling, with support of tools (e.g. DOORS)
- 3 years of general experience with on-ground processing of data from satellite instruments for Earth observation
- Hands-on involvement in data circulation IVV activities including generation of test plan, test specification, procedures and test reports for end-to-end processing chains
- At least 3 years of hands-on involvement in RF testing of space-to-ground interfaces at satellite and/or ground station level
- Involvement in the preparation and execution of tests at remote sites
- Knowledge of Ka-band link design or testing
- Familiarity with procurement, installation, use and maintenance of relevant test equipment, such as RF suitcases
- Configuration Control processes and tools
- Familiarity with the ECSS standards
- University degree in engineering, physics or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and flexibility
- Be able to work autonomously and to plan his/her work, considering tight schedules and multiple tasks
- Strength in analysis and pragmatic judgement are required
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.