Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Earth Observation
About this job
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies, the European Space Agency (ESA) and exciting new ventures around the world. We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
On behalf of our client, you will have the opportunity to join a team supporting the European Space Agency near Rome, Italy in the area of Earth Observation developing and maintaining a set of tools to help users access the data from the various EO satellites in operation.
The scope of work will include:
- Designing and developing front-end tools
- Technical interfaces monitoring
- Requirements definition support and support to Operations.
- System Documentation Updates.
- Debugging Code
- User Requirements review and impact analysis
- Assisting and supporting Maintenance Activities
The following experience is mandatory:
- High school diploma or University degree in Mathematics, Computer Science.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an industrial or research environment.
- Proficient in drafting and editing technical documentation.
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools
- Experience in working with remote users across Europe.
The following skills are mandatory:
- Requirement Writing
- Technical Writing
- ASP Net
- Use of common development tools
- Team working
- Results Oriented
- Appetite for Learning
- Documentation Reviews
- Proactive approach
- Strong Communication skills