Field(s) of expertise
Telecommunications Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ECSAT). The contractor will be responsible for the management of activities devoted to the development of satellite payload technology and products under the responsibility of the Payload Technology Section.
- Initiating, monitoring and controlling space segment technology and product development activities for satellite communications under the ARTES Core Competitiveness (CC) and other ARTES programme lines, with a focus on digital communication technologies.
- Liaising with the Procurement Department, the Strategic Programme Line Managers and other relevant Departments of ESA as necessary to fulfil this role.
- Supporting activities of the Ground Segment Section and the creation and implementation of ARTES partnership projects;
- Reporting regularly on the progress, status, schedule and outcome of ARTES activities, including realistic forecasting of milestone completion dates;
- Identifying and defining product and technology needs for future satellite communication services, in particular for digital communication technology and products;
- Supporting the promotion of the ARTES 4.0 programme and the ARTES socio-economic impact analysis;
- Coordinating the provision of expert technical support from other ESA organisational units (e.g. TEC) as required to ensure an effective initiation and management of activities.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in managing technology development activities carried out by industry for commercial satellite communication;
- Knowledge of satellite communication system architectures, products and market;
- Experience in the specification, design, development and testing of atleast one of the following: digital signal processors, communication modems, digital and/or mixed signal ASICs, software defined radios;
- Communication and Teamwork;
- Results Orientation;
- Planning and Organisation;
- Stakeholder Relationship Management;
- Knowledge of ESA and industrial development, verification and procurement processes would be distinct asset.
- Applicants should also demonstrate strong negotiation skills and contract/subcontract management experience. Experience in space segment technology and equipment as well as subsystem design and development is required.
- Experience in the satellite telecommunication industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.