Sapienza is looking for an experienced mobile applications full stack software developer to support our clients’ messaging products. The messaging software developer will lead the internal development of a mobile API/ Library, supporting back-end and processes to be used by messaging community App providers to develop and certify their applications against our clients’ initial commercial service. In this role you will be developing the smartphone software libraries that will enhance the user experience on our clients’ network. We are looking for engineers that enjoy a challenge and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems.
• Developing API’s and SDK’s in C, C++, Java, Python, or other languages
• Developing back-end systems to support third party messaging apps on our network
• Integrating third party messaging apps on the server-side
• Reverse engineering and analysis of software and protocols
• Run, support and provide feedback on messaging App connection tests
• Provide technical elements and recommendations to development and certification documentation for partners
• Support and interface with technical and product team for messaging service products.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment and alongside third-party developers
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred
• Experience developing software systems in Python, PHP, Java, JSON, C, C++
• Experience developing mobile applications on Android, iOS and KaiOS (back-end development desired and front-end development is nice to have) and experience in running app store compliance processes
• Experience with various messaging protocols such as XMPP, funXMPP and Websockets
• Experience with mobile messaging protocols such as SMS, USSD, RCS, Cellular Broadcast, etc. and supporting back-end protocols (e.g. SMPP for SMSC connections)
• Experience with databases like SQL/SQLite
• Experience with interpreting and implementing open messaging standards from 3GPP, IETF, OMA, etc. desired
• Experience in implementing visual designs into front-end apps desired
• Knowledge of various Operating Systems (OS)
• Linux server-side and development stack experience
• Experience in developing white labelled mobile applications
• Experience with user-installable firewalls or mobile IP stack add-ons desired
• Experience with Agile Methodologies and tools desired
• US citizens only
• Competitive salary with stock options, medical, dental, and vision, as well as flexible PTO.