Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Level – High Speed Digital Satellite Modem Design Engineer to be based on the East Coast. This role is to bring best-in-class solutions to our clients’ satellite communications products and high-throughput ground network systems.
- Design and develop innovative technical hardware solutions for satellite and terrestrial IP-based communications systems in the areas such as Digital High-Speed Hardware Design involving state of the art electronics circuit design, high speed FPGA board design, challenging on board Power Delivery Networks to support this FPGA design, as well as, high speed mixed signal ASICs.
- Participate-in a multi-functional engineering team environment to develop and integrate hardware, software, and network technology for products and systems
- Analyze customer needs and establish product objectives, specifications and technical solutions to ensure products satisfy customer requirements and deliverables
- Contribute to all aspects of the product life cycle (concept, development, integration, qualification, acceptance, delivery, and maintenance)
- Work effectively across multiple corporate functions including business, engineering, operations, and manufacturing
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience with in-depth knowledge and experience in one or more of the following disciplines: High speed digital circuit design using Xilinx FPGA, PCIexpress, JESD204-B, CAUI, Interlaken, Serial RapidIO, PTP/IEEE-1588, Wi-Fi, Microcontroller programming, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity tools.
- Must be US citizen
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Knowledge of systems including leading edge hardware design
- Experience with satellite and/or terrestrial IP-based user terminal architectures and systems
- Ability to lead cross technical engineering teams in design and development projects with external customer deliverables