Our client is at the forefront of innovation in the satellite communications industry and are able to offer expertise to design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems, world-wide.
Their portfolio of services and technology know-how covers the entire spectrum of any satellite communication project, from market opportunity sizing and end-user requirements down to ground network development, commissioning, and operations.
We are seeking a Satellite Communications System Consultant who will support both pre-sales and delivery activities of secure satellite communications solutions for the Government Supply Chain.
This position will be based on-site with our client’s customer in London.
• Development of secure IP data and packet switch communications systems solutions supporting both pre-sales activities and Satcom communications projects delivered to Government Customers.
• Specification of secure satellite communications systems architecture for current and next generation Satellite Networks.
• Development of assurance case material including Verification, Validation and Test documentation for terrestrial and mobile IP data and voice Satcom networks and services.
• Development of high-quality practical solution material which meets ESA and Defence Assurance and Quality Standards.
• Providing practical advice to Government customers on Satcom network issues.
• Specification and policing of SLAs and associated KPIs for the delivery of Voice and Data Communications Services
• Attend, and constructively contribute and articulate appropriately Satcom network solutions to Government clients or Government Suppliers.
• Technical Lead or working within a talented engineering project team to deliver solutions.
• Conducting Satcom System Solution Specification, Development and Assurance within Agile, Waterfall or hybrid environment using a Model Based System Engineering Approach.
• Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team.
• Track record of taking full responsibility for the delivery of critical deliverables and tasks.
• Evidence of being able to develop practical technical Satcom solutions whilst working within tight timescale and budgetary constraints.
• Proven ability to produce clear, concise, and unambiguous documentation at both summary and detailed level.
• Systematic and thorough approach to Systems and Network Engineering using industry standards.
• Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise, and unambiguous presentations to customers and internal engineering teams.
• Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g., Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience may be considered as an alternative.
• UK national (due to potential sensitivity of work to be undertaken) who has been previously Security Cleared or has current Security Clearance.
• 10 years of experience of developing network and service solutions for terrestrial, mobile or satellite communications sector with at least 3 years’ experience of developing voice solutions
• Proven demonstration of applying Systems Engineering Assurance processes practically to the overall system lifecycle.
• Ability to understand telecommunication service management and delivery processes using appropriate frameworks.
• Knowledge of network resource planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks
• Experience and knowledge of security architecture design principles and their application to system design
• Ability to write clear and concise specification network documentation supporting high quality technical proposals or delivery of systems often at short notice.
• Demonstrable experience with definition of SLAs and measurement of KPIs associated with voice and data networks and Over-The-Top services.
• Demonstrable experience in working within a government environment, especially working to defence standards and understanding of associated terminology.
• Already Security Cleared
• Experience in specification or development of terrestrial, mobile or Satcom Circuit Switched Voice networks
• Experience of using SySML and MBSE to deliver system artefacts and documentation for key design reviews.
• Either eTOM or ITIL Service Delivery Framework experience.
• Experience of secure satellite communications networks operating in stressed environments.
• Technical Experience in ground/space networks for UK or other Government Satcom projects from either client or supply side
• Experience with Network and Service Management technologies used to provision and assure data and voice networks/services.
• Experience with requirements management tools, especially DOORs for specification of Requirements.
• Experience with 5G or free space optical networks.