Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Telecommunications System Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Successful candidate will be supporting and reporting to the 4S Programme Manager the postholder will coordinate the activities required for setting-up future Institutional and European telecommunications Programmes/ Initiatives/ Activities in the area of secure satcom for safety and security, research programs (H2020, Horizon Europe) and partnership programmes.
Contract duration: One year contract with a possibility of extension beyond the one-year contract.
- Supporting of preparatory activities, actions and implementation in cooperation and cooperation with the relevant stakeholders (Industry, National Agencies, EU Institutions).
- Supporting the Project preparation and implementation and managing industrial activities.
- Provide support to the 4S programme Manager/System Engineer/Technical Leads in coordinating ESA internal studies and preparing the associated documentation.
- Support the ESA 4S programme Manager/System Engineer/Technical Leads in monitoring activities related to the industrial activities, especially monitoring the coherent and cost-effective implementation of requirements from system level down to the lower sub-system level.
- Participation in Agency Reviews, notably supporting the 4S programme Manager/System Engineer/Technical Leads in organizing the Phase A/B System Requirements Review and Preliminary Design Review as well as lower level technical reviews in the relevant field of interest.
- Supporting the definition of technology activities or additional technical studies in preparation of the next Phase of the Programme in the appropriate areas of competence.
- Assessment of new concepts and techniques to be applied to next generation mobile communication systems for both space and ground segment.
- Preparation of inputs to status reports.
- Regular reporting of progress to the ESA System Engineers and the 4S Programme Manager.
- Liaise closely and proactively with the rest of the Programme team as well as with other colleagues within the Telecommunications Technologies, Products and Services Department.
In particular as support to the 4S programme Manager the tasks will include:
- Support Implementation Projects for preliminary System definition and validation. This can Include test bed Systems and emulator or simulator of systems
- Support to preparatory activities in the course of defining and setting up new programme elements and the related programmatic frameworks
- Support in the creation of information packages to Decision Makers and industrial partners.
- Support in the creation of internal or external decision documents (e.g. proposals to the ESA programme boards) throughout the relevant project lifetime.
- Identification and characterisation of new services and applications.
- Support to other projects or Directorates of ESA for the definition and operational assessment of applications and services.
- Support to standardisation activities in specific areas.
- Monitoring of and reporting about activities in other ARTES Elements or other relevant programmes including EC programmes
- Initiation, preparation and running promotion activities, like workshops with Industry, other agencies or National Delegation as well as media related activities (e.g. web-articles)
Initiation of and/or participation in international working groups
- Master’s in engineering or relevant field
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience, specifically relevant experience in aerospace or telecommunications.
- Experience in an international team is required.
- Candidates should also possess very good interpersonal skills, be well-organised, pro-active, self-motivated, and able to work effectively in a matrix structure.
- Including the ability to draft technical reports.
- Proven capabilities in preparation of programmatic frameworks requiring system and strategic thinking.
- Experience in System Test Bed (End to End)
- Relevant experience in System requirements analysis, design, implementation and operations, and associated management experience.
- Sound knowledge of the overall space market.
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills and be able to manage relationships, work in a team.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 11/07/2021 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.