Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are recruiting a Communication Systems and Technologies Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Support the management of industrial R&D activities in the areas of :
- satellite modem physical and link layer analysis, design, prototyping and testing;
- SATCOM Systems and network analysis and simulations.
- Support internal hands-on technical analysis on subjects related to future SATCOM systems.
- Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in thearea of telecom systems and networks.
- Coordinate the section telecom lab activities.
- Activities and contracts technical follow-up.
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators.
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties).
Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects
- Master’s degree or PhD in Telecommunication Engineering with particular emphasis on digital transmissions from the physical and MAC perspective.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong technical background in telecommunication engineering and knowledge of the relevant communication protocols is required.
- Knowledge of the main satellite and terrestrial telecom standards is considered an asset as well as the experience with communication system HW prototyping and testing (e.g. FPGA, DSP, GPU, micro-processors).
- Broad technical expertise in telecommunication networks design with particular emphasis on physical and link layer, and good understanding of multiple access telecommunication protocols.
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of communication simulation software tools (e.g. Matlab, C++) is required.
- A few years of work experience in the field of complex digitalcommunications systems, sub-systems and networks is preferred.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 13th July 2021 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.