Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting has a long heritage within the space sector of over 25 years. During this period we have been the leading provider of workforce solutions and have helped to scale many businesses and agencies throughout the world.
One of our customers within satellite communications who are based in the UAE are currently seeking a senior payload engineer. He/she will support the design and AIT (Assembly, Integration and Testing) phases of new satellite programs focusing on payload systems. To oversee the system level budgets and the interfaces with the platform systems and operations. To support the future mission studies.
To support the procurement phase of new satellite missions, lead the specification of payload systems, as well as the proposals evaluation and contract negotiations with regards to the same. To support the existing fleet operations/optimisations/anomaly investigations on engineering matters.
Preference given to candidates with digital and flexible payload experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Future Missions: Support future mission studies as necessary.
- Procurement: Lead the outlining of requirements related to the communications payload and TT&C subsystems and specification of the same. Support the procurement phases, the proposals’ evaluation and negotiations with the Bidders.
- Existing Programmes: Provide continuous monitoring of new programmes throughout the various stages of payload and TT&C design, as well as the assembly, integration and test campaign, assessing its performance against specifications and requirements, identifying any potential non-compliances areas as early as possible, and participate in program reviews, review boards and spacecraft testing as necessary. Provide guidance on payload and TT&C related issues, as part of Space Segment Engineering which is the Design Authority, on any changes, modifications or waivers affecting the payload. Work closely with the Platform System Engineers, to ensure that the whole team is up to date on any developments on the Payload area that may impact their areas.
- Fleet Support: Work closely with Satellite Operations to provide payload engineering support to our fleet of spacecraft. Verify from a payload engineering perspective, all health reports issued by Satellite Operations and assist on the assessment and troubleshooting of payload anomalies. Ensure lessons learned in this activity are properly recorded and registered, and fed back in the procurement of future programmes.
- New Technologies: Keep up to date with technology developments in the industry and maintain visibility over the current capabilities and technology road map of the various payload component manufacturers.
- External Spacecraft Programmes: Support the spacecraft development programmes of other agencies and institutions in the UAE, as requested.
- BSc Communications Engineering degree
- Minimum 7 years in similar position with a satellite manufacturer/operator
- Demonstrated experience in technical supervision of satellite payload engineering activities
- Advanced in Payload and TT&C systems and sub-system design and engineering and equipment development
- Advanced in all areas of AIT and In-Orbit Testing (IOT) and campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience working within or with satellite manufacturers.
- Demonstrated experience in managing technical interfaces
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including schedule management, risk identification and mitigation, space segment configuration control, product and quality assurance processes, action item tracking and execution, communication, and reporting