Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting has a long heritage within the space sector of over 25 years. During this period we have been the leading provider of workforce solutions and have helped to scale many businesses and agencies throughout the world.
One of our customers within satellite communications who are based in the UAE are currently seeking a AVP Product Certification who will be responsible for the certification of all our Satcom products and accessories according to the product certification plan. Product certification department main job is to ensure that the products are designed according to company system specification, that they are of high quality when used under the system, and that they don’t cause any harm or interference of any kind to our subscribers or to other ongoing services.
- Leading the product certification engineers and technicians to conduct the certification of our products according to the certification plan that is coordinated with the product management team.
- Enforcing the certification process and highlighting to management any products that are non-conforming to our specifications for further action as needed.
- Providing feedback and support to product management team to assist them in getting our products certified. This is done by highlighting the issues encountered by the test engineers, retesting, providing technical guidance and generating a certification report.
- Management of our Innovation Center
- Participating at conferences, tradeshows, and other events as required by Distribution and Marketing.
- Providing responses for product and technical requests.
- Providing knowledge and training on products to peers, presales and sales staff in the organization.
- Responsible for keeping all products technical documentation up-to-date.
- Responsible for ceritification of 3rd party solutions that are built on top of our products
- Responsible to manage and implement the proof of concept demonstrations for new products and solutions.
- Requesting and coordinating resources required to support the marketing and distribution.
- Engineering degree in Telecommunications.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience telecom industry
- Strong knowledge of satellite communications, GSM, internet and services
- Experience delivering high-level complex projects
- Extensive knowledge in hardware manufacturing process, testing, factory certification
- Good knowledge of test equipment handling
- Good people management skills