Field(s) of expertise
Cyber Security Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Our Company works in Satellite Communications systems, for commercial and military customers.
We are expanding our team and are seeking Senior Security Systems Engineers to assist with the security design and implementation of satellite systems and their telemetry, tracking and command (TT&C) networks and component parts; providing advice on the design, procurement and implementation of secure satellite networks.
- Establish and/or provide advice on security requirements for satellite systems.
- Undertake the top-level design of secure satellite communications system architectures.
- Advise clients on the implementation of Security Policy, Security Management Systems and Security Controls.
- Carry out security risks assessments of such architectures to establish both the security measures and strength of measures required.
- Provide advice to clients on the implementation of security measures through technical, physical and personnel means.
- Provide advice to clients to support the procurement and contract of secure satellite systems.
- Provide advice to clients on the evaluation and certification of security components.
- Ensure compliance to appropriate security standards and security evaluation and certification requirements.
- Support a secure communications study involving the use of quantum techniques for cryptographic key distribution.
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with our Satcom’s customers and partners.
Skills, Character and Experience
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team
- Proven ability to take full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components
- Track record of developing innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems
- Evidence of being able to work within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation confirming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise, and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information/Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Practical experience in the application of ISO27001/2 (or equivalent) and implementation of Security Management Systems within projects of various sizes
- >5 years of experience of security systems engineering on communications systems
- System-level design and assessment of secure communications networks particularly those that include over-the-air interfaces
- Good understanding of cryptographic systems including key management