Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a TT&C Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for over 20 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Participation to the Concurrent Design Facility work including mission analysis.
- Support to studies and analyses of techniques and technologies for Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) and Payload Data Transmission (PDT) systems, including in particular: modulatoin, error correction coding, combined (adaptive) modulation/coding, signal synchronisation, digital signal processing, RF/microwave technologies.
- Technical support for the development of TT&C and PDT equipment and subsystems. – assessing end-to-end TT&C and PDT systems including system level design, (dynamic) link budget assessment, and data flow analysis including interaction between different link layers and between transponder/transmitter and avionics equipment; assessment of related encryption and authentication functions.
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of TT&C / PDT systems and equipment.
- Generation of technical requirements and statements of work for TT&C / PDT related activities.
- Technical support for standardisation activity in the frame of European ECSS and CCSDS.
- Support to ESA projects from early conceptual phase to launch preparation
- Master or PhD in Telecommunication or Electrical engineering.
- At least 4 years relevant work experience, and some years of work experience in the field of satellite TT&C and PDT systems.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, telecommunication standards particularly in the area of TT&C and Telemetry, digital signal processing theory applied to communication systems and simulation tools is required.
- Familiarity with TT&C transponders, Payload Data Transmitters (for Earth Observation) and other spacecraft sub-systems technology design and testing is an asset, as is knowledge on TT&C spaceflight hardware development.
- Knowledge on satellite telecommunication systems based on optical technology is an asset.
- Knowledge on Authentication and Encryption schemes as applied to TT&C/PDT systems, in addition to cyber security aspects, is also an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than January 23, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.