We are expanding our team and are seeking a Senior Systems Modelling Consultant to lead the modelling and simulation activities on a range of defence and commercial satellite mission projects.
As the Senior Systems Modelling Consultant you will be responsible for modelling concept of operations, systems performance, and design reference missions in support of ground and space-based service-oriented architectures intended to service next generation space capabilities. Mission modelling is to be conducted in collaboration with design, development and study teams working on space-based systems and their ground support systems in Earth Observation, Communications, and Global and Regional Navigation system architectures.
As an experienced Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) you will have experience using multiple simulation tools including STK, Matlab etc.
This will give you the opportunity to work on multiple projects, experiencing the cutting edge of SatComs in both a commercial and Military environment.
• Define space, ground and mission architectures for LEO and GEO missions in Earth Observation, Communications and Navigation applications.
• Analytically construct complex mission’s systems into representative models and build a system wide model.
• Define mission operations scenarios, conducting representative simulations using developed models and produce technical analyses of outcomes.• Develop end-to-end space system architecture analysis and simulating operational tasking and resource utilization.
• Utilise various mission analysis techniques and software tools, such as MATLAB, SIMULINK, STK etc, to create system models.
• Integrate third party models and simulations from industry and academia into mission wide models.
• Lead complex space-based and ground segment architecture trade-off studies.
• Lead system-level integration and validation activities during system prototyping and development phases.
• Initiating and leading analysis activities for space-based satellite systems, including system utility, capacity, subsystem modelling, and performance assessments.
• Conduct functional analysis, timeline analysis and detailed trade-off studies.
• Develop bespoke analysis tools, visualizations, and media presentations.
• Communicate clear and concise insights and observations based on complex analytical models and technical data interpretation to senior-level leadership and customers.
• Mentoring junior and mid-level systems engineers and reviewing their work for quality.
• Support the Company Business Development team and provide relevant inputs for competitive commercial tenders.
• In depth knowledge of space-based Earth Observation, Communication, Navigation missions, and systems.
• Knowledge and experience of various mission analysis techniques and software tools, such as MATLAB, SIMULINK, STK etc. Hands-on work with data simulation toolsets.
• Experience in Concept of Operations development for space-based programs.
• Understanding of Agile software development practices.
• Background working with structured software systems engineering standards.
• Experience in using physics-based modelling and data simulation routines.
• UK or NATO Security clearance required or at least the ability successfully apply for clearance.
• BSc degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience. MSc. or Ph.D., may substitute for 4 years of experience.
• Programming skills in a high-level scripting language such as MATLAB, Interactive Data Language (IDL), STK, and Python.