Joining an expanding team, you will be responsible for undertaking any/all aspects of communications systems engineering and test tasks on advanced Satellite communications networks.
You will be involved in establishing the requirements, capacity, performance, resource planning, testing/verification, and operation of satellite communications networks for both civil and military customers.
With plenty of opportunities to progress and opportunities for Junior, Skilled and Senior Systems Engineers, this could be your step into the exciting and growing world of Space Engineering
• Carry out modelling and establish and validate requirements for satellites networks based on end-user needs.
• End to end communications design and development incorporating RF systems, IP networks, OSS/BSS technology and development, to realise end-to-end service networks.
• Requirements analysis and assessment of supplier solutions to meet communications systems requirements.
• Communications system test strategy development and VV&T plan documentation.
• Preparation of concept of operations and service delivery documentation.
• Liaise with client to develop test plans and procedures and ultimately execute test scripts/ procedures.
• Work with project, product and technical leads, and contractors to understand and suggest improvement to their system.
• Take ownership of specific elements of projects and meet time, cost and quality targets for their delivery.
• Liaise with the project manager and project support staff to enable them to provide effective and informed reporting.
• Plan workday based on client’s availability/ time zone (noting that some clients are based in the US and other international locations).
• Flexibility on working as travel to client’s site may be required to conduct testing.
• Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team.
• Good customer-facing and communication skills with the ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identify key issues.
• Proven ability to develop innovative solutions to defined problems.
• Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
• A good overall appreciation of the systems engineering lifecycle, including experience in satcoms systems and a good knowledge of system design, ground segment design, satellite operations, payload engineering and system/subsystem and integration testing.
• Experience in IP networking, protocols and security of data.
• Thorough understanding of communications systems and associated engineering concepts
• Strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices from requirements engineering through design/development and on to VV&T (Validation, Verification and Testing).
• Experience in developing requirements systems design documentation, test plans and procedures and operational procedures.
• Practical experience in the commissioning and testing of satellite systems (both satellite and ground-based). A proven track record of identifying and solving problems.