Field(s) of expertise
About this job
One of our client’s is seeking to hire a Senior Antenna Design Engineer to be based in the US. This is an exciting position which will be designing state of the art technology in the satellite communications industry.
It is a permanent contract.
- Design and test phased array antenna systems that lend itself to low cost manufacturing
- Achieve intended performance over wide scan angles and across a wide frequency range
- Model using tools such as HFSS
- Document detailed designs and interface with board manufacturers
- BSEE with focus on RF and Phased Array Antenna design and performance
- 8-10 years of experience in industry dealing with Phased Array antennas, with expert level in use of HFSS, CST, ADS, and MATLAB simulation tools to design phased array antennas in various bands including Ku and Ka bands.
- Must be a US citizen
- MSEE or PhD in electrical engineering with focus on RF and Phased Array antenna design & performance
- Knowledgeable about electronic beam forming, beam steering and array synthesis, floquet mode analysis
- Familiar with a wide variety of antenna technologies including planar microstrip patch antenna design for low cost implementation
- Possesses know-how on achieving performance with array antenna designs having wide scanning angles and wide bandwidths
- Design experience with polarizers, radomes, radiating structures
- Able to calculate link budgets, system level analyses and trade off studies
- Able to design for low cost, low profile printed circuit board technologies, materials and substrates
- Familiar with test equipment like vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, anechoic chamber, near field scanner
- Able to make antenna pattern measurements including gain, beamwidth, sidelobe levels, co and cross polarization levels, Return loss, coupling factors
- Experience in electro-mechanical integration of antenna subassemblies