Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
As a Terminals Manager you will lead a team of Terminals engineers using your excellent knowledge of satcom terminals; applying this to change management in complex organisations and programmes.
Initial work will be working with a major satcom provider as they transition to take on a major government programme. The team will be responsible for the engineering management and operational support for remote and deployable Satellite Terminals used to deliver communications services to UK military and government personnel. The set of Terminals is diverse and includes commercial land terminals accessing L, Ka and Ku Bands, military terminals (both maritime and land) accessing X Band and commercial maritime terminals.
- Take ownership of the Terminals Engineering activities outlined in the programme Transition Plan.
- Set out the terminal operations ad maintenance activities required and how they will be carried out in collaboration with our customer.
- Deliver against the transition plan, with management reporting of progress to multiple stakeholders.
- Plan ‘due diligence’ activities and manage the team which includes Tier 2 suppliers.
- Use the current data to establish a Terminals Technical Repository, to provide a foundation to be developed during operations as part of continuous service improvement.
- Consolidate arrangements with Terminal OEMs providing 4th line support and for Post Design Services in operation as well as Tier 2 suppliers.
- Monitor the programme’s service solution for any impact to terminals engineering and support.
- Consolidate the Terminals Strategy and establish Terminals and deployable asset certification standards.
- At least 8 years of experience in satellite services and in particular satellite RF communications and terminals.
- Ability to engage productively with multi-disciplinary engineering teams during business change.
- Analytical skills to systematically plan and supervise evaluation of Terminals’ and operational data.
- Experience of service operations support and engineering lifecycles.
- Well organised with the ability to multi-task.
- Collaborative mind-set and strong interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Must be a UK national with UK SC Clearance or qualify for clearance.