Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
The Solutions Architect (SA) will be a highly experienced engineering professional providing technical leadership and expertise to a specific communication sub-system of a defence SatCom programme. You will work within a dedicated team based in London but as part of a wider team.
Support development and approval of technical baseline changes you will chair internal design reviews, approve supplier technical proposals, and ensure programme technical goals are met.
As a self-sufficient and self-motivated engineer with extensive satellite / networking solutions design experience you will oversee all requirements and dependencies of tasks allocated to them.
You will develop solutions to meet specific customer requirements utilising existing or newly developed hardware, product configurations and / or services, and must collaborate with functional external teams, bringing new hardware and services into operation.
In addition, you will develop written engineering content for inclusion into commercial RFI and RFT responses, commercial proposals, or quotations.
- Provision of network solutions designs and satellite systems integration expertise to consortium partners and Customers in support of meeting system requirements
- Undertaking audits and conducting due-diligence on existing networks and communications infrastructure
- Provide engineering level technical leadership and support to the project team
- Specification, documentation and implementation of hardware solutions for mobile and fixed satellite services
- Development of configuration scripting for terminal hardware as part of satellite-based communications solutions.
- Specification, documentation and implementation of hardware solutions for IP networking over satellite.
- Provision of technical training and assessment to internal and external people including demonstrations and presentations.
- Supports development and execution of technical design reviews (PDR, CDR, FDR etc.) on the new system
- Supports testing and integration of new equipment prior to Factory Acceptance Testing and final delivery
- Must hold a relevant engineering degree, with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in the satellite communications industry.
- Must have experience in IT, particularly as it applies to satellite communications and networking. Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux based operating system installation and configuration.
- Must be proficient in the development of maintenance documentation and support programmes for developed solutions based on OEM component documentation.
- Must have experience working in software development and integration projects.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the development and delivery of workplace technical training and assessment.
- Should be able to analyse communications issues being experienced by the client and devise solutions for clients requiring service and support from Inmarsat, regardless of the issue being satellite or terrestrial segment based.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to motivate their peers to achieve required task and project completion to BEST standard in a busy environment
- Be capable of presenting and demonstrating advanced satellite communication / network solutions to customers
- Must be competent with use of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Microsoft Visio.
- Must be able to achieve SC