Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
As an experience SATCOM Engineer, you will act as technical expert in satellite communications during the mobilisation of a UK MOD Satellite Communications Programme.
You will identify, capture and develop requirements, review the current services in place, support the procurement activity (RFI/RFPs/RFQs) of new services and produce the necessary technical documentation for programme delivery and implementation.
- Carry out mobilisation tasks under the direction of the Capacity Manager in accordance with the Mobilisation Plan
- Review existing systems, process and procedure in place for all SATCOM-related services
- Assist in the capture and/or management of Customer and derived requirements, decomposition and assignment or requirements to appropriate functional areas or responsibility
- Develop end-to-end satellite communication systems design and solutions that encompass the satellite space segment, anchoring, colocation and terrestrial backhaul based on each specific Customer’s needs
- Develop and present technical documentation to support Customer and stakeholder technical reviews
- Build up the necessary documentation to assist the procurement process (e.g. writing of statements of work)
- Serve as subject matter expert in all aspects of satellite communication services and networking
- Develops satellite link budgets and link budget analysis
- Conduct system engineering evaluation of SATCOM solutions and evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- Knowledge of engineering design, development, integration, installation, operations, and maintenance of SATCOM system into network architectures
- Development of hand-over and training documentation to support continuity of knowledge transfer
- Contribute to review and update relevant processes for procurement and management of SATCOM capacity.
- 7 years’ minimum experience within a SATCOM Engineering role within commercial / defence environment
- Educated to degree level in Engineering/Communications or a related discipline
- A broad technical understanding of satellite communications networks and their end-to-end operation
- Experience in communications engineering, specialising in satellite communications and network analysis
- Practical hands-on experience, experience in troubleshooting, knowledge or IP & networking.
- Experience in formal technical documentations in either telecommunication, data communications or network engineering
- Strong attention to details
- Experience in engineering design concepts along with basic understanding of the engineering practices and procedures requirements to develop, test and deploy systems
- Must be able to achieve SC