Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
We are recruiting an Assistant Security Officer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC), who will support in the field of Security Management under the responsibility of the Head of the ESTEC Health, Safety & Security Section. As such it involves oversight of security operations and ensuringthat security management procedures are properly conducted at ESTEC and it includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversight of the security contractor that provides guarding, access and visitor management, monitoring, reporting, fire prevention and firefighting services
- Ensuring the physical security of the ESTEC site, buildings, activities and events on siteEnsuring proper physical protection of the ESTEC site and adequate preparations for accidents, incidents, calamities or security infringement are in place
- Executing investigations into security incidents and any lessons to be learnt
- Monitoring and reporting on security practices on site
- Maintaining up to date documentation in respect of security procedures and the compliance with relevant policies and standards Analyse data and reports to form proposals for improvements
- Support the ESTEC Head Health, Safety & Security Section Represent the Security and Safety Section in meetings requiring security input and coordination.
- Proven record of working experience in an International and multicultural context like ESTEC.
- Knowledgeability to quickly grasp and deal with the ESTEC ethos and culture.
- Ability to write and review/correct (technical) documentation (reports, procedures) in the English language.
- The official languages of the agency are English and French. A very good knowledge of English and a good knowledge of Dutch is essential.
- The incumbent must have excellent communications skills and the ability to work under demanding conditions and deal with complex situations.
- His/her ability to swiftly grasp, gain knowledge of and be able to work effectively with the particulars of the ESA-ESTEC site, the (operational) procedures and the organisational culture, is essential
- A Degree (Bsc., Diploma or equivalent) from a recognised institution or equivalent is required
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience
- Applicants for this post should have in depth previous experience in the field of security supported by formal training
- Experience in security management, conducting investigations and in conducting security compliance and improvement exercises, is important
- The applicant should be able to establish effective interfaces
- Tact and very good communication skills are required
- The applicant must be willing and able to hold a Personal Security Clearance (PSC) while in post
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 01/07 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here