Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting provides consultancy services to many EU Institutions across Europe and currently one of our customers is seeking the provision of ICT consultancy services in connection to the implementation, support and development of ICT Infrastructure and Services.
We are in need of a Support Officer (Back office – Application Administrator) who would ensure all the operations of Eurojust IT Applications run smoothly. You would be in charge of the maintenance and technical development necessary to ensure that the Eurojust applications function at a satisfactory level of operational quality.
- Contributing to Designing, Engineering and implementing Applications and Middleware solutions such Message Queuing Systems, Databases etc.;
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise in the formation of new IT systems;
- Validating Transition Processes to Operations for new Releases;
- Anticipating Application outages by ensuring backups and disaster recovery procedures are tested and validated;
- Supporting and partaking in the procurement process for new IT Systems.
- Maintaining the Application environment, including contributing to reporting on the functioning of the applications;
- Owning and resolving IT application and other related Incident Tickets in a 3rd line capacity as required;
- Troubleshooting and investigating application errors/malfunctions;
- Preparing/implementing possible new technical functions, including ensuring that any change is reflected in the appropriate documentation and ITSM processes.
- Monitoring Application, Middleware and Database performance;
- Identifying opportunities for Application, Middleware and Database optimisation;
- Supporting the installation of patches and updates to Applications, Middleware and Databases when needed;
- Identifying needs regarding automation of testing and testing enhancements;
- Managing capacity and configuration of Applications, Middleware and Databases.
- Ensuring the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of Applications in their care;
- Determining causes of security violations and recommending corrective actions to ensure application security;
- Researching, recommending and implementing changes to procedures and systems of the Agency in order to enhance application security;
- Active monitoring and analysing application access, connectivity and potential threats.
In addition to the skills needed to perform the above mentioned responsibilities, and to function in the described work environment:
- at least 3 years in Microsoft and /or Linux based Application/Middleware/Database Management
- Microsoft Application Platforms such as Exchange/ SharePoint/ MSSQL;
- Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP/PERL/PYTHON Stack;
- Virtualisation Technologies – VMWARE;
- IT Server Administration;
- Platform administration/orchestration;
- Storage Solutions;
- Backup solutions and Disaster recovery;
- Business continuity management;
- Should have strong communication skills and professional experience in an EU or multicultural environment;
- Shall have good command of the English language as this is the official working language of Eurojust.