Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Aerospace Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting an End-to-End Mission Performance Engineer for Sentinel 4 Mission. The successful candidate will be hired for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
*Please note the starting date might be slightly delayed due to COVID-19.
- The assessment of the delivered scientific processing algorithm in
- The assessment of the delivered Instrument Quality Tool IQT v2-alpha and its ability to process real instrument data (PFM Focal Plane SubSystem data, S4 enhanced EM data, …).
- The assessment of the delivered Level-1 Reference Processor and perform a comparison of the results with the IQT.
- The development, implementation and validation of (complex) key data generation tools for the instrument calibration and performance verification tasks, as defined in the S4 on-ground calibration plan and in the L1b processing specification.
- The support to the closed-loop testing between the S4/UVN measurement data, the IQT v2 and the calibration keydata to demonstrate adequacy, completeness and accuracy of the level-0 to level-1b data processing algorithms and the calibration keydata.
- The contribution to meetings within ESA, industry and EUMETSAT.
- The Contractor will report to the Sentinel 4 Principal Engineer.
- Master’s Degree in Physics or Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated background and experience in data processing
- Candidates shall demonstrate good familiarity with computer programs/languages such as C/C++, Python and MATLAB and with Unix operating system.
- Good communication skills.
- Candidate shall demonstrate familiarity with L0 to L1b data processing of optical instrument using CCD technology.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.