Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration & Finance
About this job
We are recruiting a Business Controller for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site ESA-ESTEC, in The Netherlands.
*Please note the starting date might be slightly delayed due to COVID-19.
General Management Support and Controlling
- Support to the processes related to the main resources of the organizational entity (i.e. budgets, manpower, staffing), including planning, execution and follow-up of the activities and resources (budgets, manpower, missions, recharges) of the Business Unit
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of activities and related procurement actions as relevant managed by the Business Unit and of associated progress in terms of output / schedule / resources
- Assessment and monitoring of the status of the procurement actions (using ESA Corporate and local IT Tools) including activity progress, maintenance of payment plans, the correctness of financial charging, invoicing and payment
- Implementing all administrative actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including data entry in ESA Corporate (e.g. SAP) and local application as appropriate and monitoring of financial commitments and payment milestones, invoicing, etc.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers
- Assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient execution of the related tasks
- Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data
- Contribution to the definition of new and improvement of existing related processes and tools and production of related documents
- Coordinate the work of the cost controller team in the Business Development and Management Support Office and liaise with administrators in the department to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data
- Coordinate implementation and operation of uniform procedures for the management and control of the Directorate’s budgets, ensuring proper coherence and quality of data
- Support the coordination and consolidation of Business Planning and Reporting Activities in the department, in particular for Investment Projects
- Provide expertise in Management Support Tools and continuous support to team training
- Provide support to other activities within the Office to ensure consistency and continuity, and to internal and external interfaces as required
- Master’s in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent advanced University degree
- Relevant experience in SAP is essential
- Experience in Facilities Management is desirable
- Advanced Excel user experience is essential.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 06/07/2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.