Field(s) of expertise
Project & Service Management Quality-Product Assurance & CM
About this job
We are recruiting two Schedulers / Planners for Sapienza to work on-site on our customer’s premises EUMETSAT (Darmstadt). These Schedulers / Planners will be part of a larger project management service team and will focus on the set-up and maintenance of the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) Department planning and schedules as well as the implementation of related scheduling and reporting processes.
Maintenance of the TSS planning and schedules as well as the implementation of related scheduling and reporting processes:
Set-up and maintenance of planning and schedules for the TSS projects and activities.
- Preparation and tracking of planning (multi-mission infrastructure, products and services, projects etc…) and schedules across the TSS Department including maintenance/evolution of ground segment systems, operational projects and development/evolution of observational products related activities.
- Assist team leaders in the planning of projects and resources and generate reporting on resource usage/availability;
- Support to and participation in schedule review meetings with relevant TSS teams:
- organise the weekly planning/scheduling meetings;
- provide planning for management meetings;
- support reporting reviews, actions and recommendations;
- distribution of plans and schedules internally.
- Documentation and analysis of schedule assumptions, modifications, deviations, risks, critical path and milestone trend evolution.
- Identification and monitoring of interdependencies between projects and activities across the portfolio of projects and activities, ensuring that all schedule conflicts are identified and resolved;
- Maintenance of the schedule documentation and update of a multi-projects planning database.
- Update and maintenance of schedule trackers, metrics and performance indicators.
- Preparation and production of reports – monthly progress report, technical reports – as necessary
In collaboration with the Quality Assurance team:
- Participate in the review and maintenance of the Project Management and Scheduling processes guidelines, templates and indicators, based on the gathered experience applying them in the projects and departmental activities.
- Support the definition, production and improvement of departmental dashboards and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), providing a preliminary analysis of the results.
- Gather specific Project information for a later process analysis at departmental level and for the implementation of departmental processes such as Risk Management or Lessons Learnt.
- University degree (or equivalent), preferably in Management (Business Administration, Finance or similar) or an Engineering discipline
- At least 3 years proven hands-on experience in project planning, scheduling, monitoring and control for complex/large system programmes or multi-project environment,;
- Expert level usage of Microsoft Project (or similar project scheduling/planning and management tools);
- Strong knowledge of related QA processes and procedures, preferably applied in projects;
- Experience working on a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment;
- Strong office computing skills with extensive hands-on experience in using the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Very good inter-personal and communication skills to be able to interface efficiently with both the management and technical / scientific counterparts and stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner and be able to work calmly and correctly under stress.
- Ability to draft concise management reports and executive level presentations in English and the capability and experience to fulfil the assigned support tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of projects/activities will be seen as an advantage.
- Direct experience of project management and scheduling for space/ground segment development or operations and with the ECSS lifecycle or equivalent will be considered as an advantage.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.