Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Project & Service Management
About this job
We are recruiting a Senior Project Management Support Engineer for Sapienza to work on-site on our customer’s premises EUMETSAT (Darmstadt). The successful candidate will have overview of a project management support team of 4 and will be supporting the Project Management Support Office (PMSO) and the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) Department. They will provide end-to-end project support, including planning, scheduling, risk management and reporting and project quality assurance.
- Oversee team activities, like:
- creating of Product tree, WBS/WP, estimated effort/ time scale/ resources, KPI
- managing risks/mitigation actions
- preparing the Quality Gates, checkpoints
- coordinating & leading review meetings
- monitoring of interdependencies between activities incl. schedule conflicts
- Support the production of overall TSS performance reports and metrics (dashboard)
- Provide support to the accurate planning and tracking of resources.
- Coordinate the execution of tasks with Project Control or QA.
- Collaborate with the QA in the execution of the following tasks:
- participate in the review and maintenance of the Project Management and Scheduling processes guidelines, templates and indicators, based on the gathered experience applying them in the projects and departmental activities.
- support the definition, production and improvement of departmental dashboards and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), providing a preliminary analysis of the results.
- gather information for TSS processes (e.g. Risk Management or Lessons Learnt)
- planning, M&C and report about the provided services incl. Service Level Targets
- document all procedures to provide services and reports to revise their quality
- Manage and Distribute tasks and actions to the key persons incl. Contingency plans to maintain service continuity:
- coordination meetings with TO
- trend analyses on service
- Monitoring of service:
- Service Provision Review meeting
- Service Planning meeting
- University degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of demonstrated hands-on experience in Project Management disciplines (i.e. risk management, action control, reporting, planning), ideally with a PMP certification
- At least 5 years proven hands-on experience in project planning, scheduling, monitoring and control for complex/large system programmes or multi-project environment
- Direct experience of project management and/or scheduling for space/ground segment development or operations and with the ECSS lifecycle
- Expert level usage of Microsoft Project (or similar project scheduling/planning and management tools)
- Sound knowledge of related QA processes and procedures, preferably applied in projects
- Experience working on a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment
- Strong office computing skills with extensive hands-on experience in using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in managing a portfolio of projects/activities
- Very good inter-personal and communication skills to be able to interface efficiently with both the management and technical levels of the tasks
- Ability to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner and be able to work calmly and correctly under stress
- Ability to draft concise management reports and executive level presentations in English and the capability and experience to fulfil the assigned support tasks with a minimum of supervision
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.