Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Knowledge Management Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Under the direct authority of the Coordinator of Corporate Knowledge Management Team, the post holder will contribute to the development and implementation of the projects and activities that are part of the ESA’s Knowledge Management (KM) roadmap; including KM projects planning and implementation. The post holder will contribute to the four areas of KM at ESA: Knowledge from People, Knowledge from Projects (i.e. Lessons Learned), Knowledge from Information and Data and ESA Library Services.
- Supporting the development and the implementation of the ESA KM roadmap in line with ESA Digital Agenda for Space.
- Supporting the development and the maintenance of ESA Knowledge Map gathering contribution from ESA directorates and services.
- Supporting the definition, the design and the implementation of new KM related projects in line with the strategic objectives and directorates needs.
- When appropriate, liaising with contractor companies in charge of KM projects to ensure the duly and timely implementation of agreed requirements.
- In collaboration with and in support to HR, contributing actively to ad-hoc HR related projects e.g. competency management, learning and development, training function.
- In collaboration with ESA Corporate IT, analysing and testing KM related IT solutions and tools; monitoring their use and measuring their effectiveness.
- Supporting the development of the necessary procedures to promote KM in a systematic way and ensuring compliance with ISO ISO 30401:2018.
- In cooperation with ESA Communication Office, promoting actively the importance of KM by developing KM awareness programs to inform staff and external customers of KM resources and systems; contributing to the outreach and promotion of ESA’s KM programme.
- Supporting the work on opening ESA library worldwide by identifying materials that can be published, suitable platforms and creating the necessary governance for maintenance and update.
- Coordinating the organization of events, such as KM workshops and conferences.
- Master’s Degree preferably in technical/scientific disciplines.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- An experience with KM policies, procedures, tools and practices; a specific experience in project management.
- Experience in an international environment; in project management, and communication.
- Capability of establishing and maintaining high level interfaces within and outside the Agency.
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks and ability to manage his/her workload.
- Identifying priorities and strategic actions and dealing with colleagues in the Unit
- Ability to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on time.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills, verbal (in public and during formalmeetings) and written.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA Member State language is an asset.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 16th of November 2020 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.