Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a PA & Safety Support Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
- Support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment and Software Product Assurance and Safety Programme. This includes the following main tasks:
- guiding and monitoring the implementation of Ground Segment and Software PA&S requirements in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- supporting the process for evaluation and approval of waivers and deviations;
- supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly and software review boards as necessary;
- ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment and Software PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- monitoring the ground segment and software integration and test activities with quality audits, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- supporting security and cyber-security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
- Support the ESA PA & Safety Manager for designated project(s) in conducting, monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy;
- Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme;
- Produce reports of review activities performed and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Nonconformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.;
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews.
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper nonconformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out.
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review activities performed, conclusions and recommendations.
- Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above)
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- The position requires a strong profile of Software PA, with specific experience the following areas:
- software engineering (development, maintenance or testing);
- agile practices for software development;
- hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools;
- alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 30th March 2021 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.