Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Radio Navigation Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
- Evaluation of GMS design and evolution, with a specific focus on GMS
- Algorithms and performances (incl. RAMS aspects), ensuring the design, development, deployment, verification, tuning and validation of the Ground Segment functions that generate and monitor the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases, etc. …) in line with the allocated performances for service provision (i.e. accuracy, continuity, integrity and availability requirements) and development constraints
- Evaluate GMS design evolutions for robustness improvements (eg. barrier enhancement and new functions)
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such as technical requirements
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment ofcontractor’s RFDs/RFWs; new services evaluation and contribution to proposal assessments
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews and support to Galileo Ground Segment next generation developments
- Master’s in engineering in telecommunications and signal processing, electronic engineering, computer science or other scientific disciplines, as well as experience in these fields
- At least 04 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Ground Segment algorithms related to the generation and monitoring of the navigation products (i.e. Ephemeris, Clock, Group Delay, Code & Phase Biases…).
- Specific knowledge on algorithms for clock ensembles, real-time clock anomaly detection and automatic fault compensation is considered an asset
- Knowledge on Resource Abstraction layers (e.g. hyper convergence, virtualisation, containerisation) and data centric processing
- Knowledge of Agile software engineering techniques, in particular SAFe methodology, is an asset
- The applicant shall have experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 06/07 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.