We are recruiting a Microwave Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
• Provide expert technical support to the design, development and
performance evaluation of RF equipment and technologies applicable to
space and ground segments;
• Provide expert technical support to ESA projects and R&D programmes;
• Development of test beds and characterization of RF
Equipment/Payloads, such as:
o Time & frequency equipment e.g. atomic clocks, oscillators, control
o RF active equipment e.g. high power amplifier, low noise amplifier,
MMICs, Transmit/Receive modules.
o RF passive equipment e.g. filters, switches, ferrite devices.
o RF Payloads or subsystems for GNSS, Telecom, EO or Science
o Life- and TVAC testing.
• Development of software (e.g. Lab View) for automated testing, control
and monitoring of device/payload performance;
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of section’s laboratory
facilities, including ESTEC’s UTC facility and its associated
• Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF
equipment and technologies for space applications and to the definition of
ESA R&D programmes;
• Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological
trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
• Several years of experience in the field of testing of RF equipment, RF
technologies, RF payloads and/or UTC laboratories.
• Experience with LabView for automated testing activities.
• Good background on development of RF equipment and technologies
for space applications.
• Project support skills and ability to work autonomously.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 06/08 to firstname.lastname@example.org