Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Customer Support
About this job
We are recruiting an Administrative Assistant for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taking minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
In addition to the above, that corresponds to standard activities in support to an organisational unit, the work package may also cover the following tasks:
- Support to the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- Documentation management support related support to project reviews.
- Use of documentation system (e.g. Eclipse), registration / distribution/ exchange / archiving of documents.
- Support to launch campaign preparations.
- Being prepared to travel and co-locate for extended periods (several weeks) at the launch site.
- Secretarial and administrative support at the launch site during extended hours and during weekends.
- In addition to the support to visitor service as described in the Statement of Work (Annex A) also the collection and escort of visitors from ESTEC Security Gate to location
- Vocational training
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- High level of flexibility as well as initiative and team spirit.
- Easy contact with personnel and well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the requested tasks.
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools, in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Ability to communicate with industry counterparts in the execution of the project specific tasks.
- Capacity to identify priority actions and handle high workload.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset