Sapienza, a tpgroup company is looking to hire a consultant for a 3-6 month contract on-site at our clients’ location in Belgium. He/she will support and challenge the existing project team in the process of completing the qualification process of an in-house designed avionics suite. The team is on an extremely tight schedule and multiple other projects depend on the timely completion of the avionics suite.
Your assignment is to ensure optimization of the project schedule, cost and resources by (and not limited to):
– review the intended qualification and test campaign to look for possible improvements that can reduce schedule and cost, and at the same time scan for uncharted risk areas or missed activities
– provide guidance to the project team on how to efficiently run a test campaign
– join technical discussions and meetings to ensure scope of the planned work is in line with the requirements with minimal effort, taking into account the schedule limitations
– support the technical PM to optimize tasking, effort estimation and scheduling in general
– assure appropriate deliverable documents for the data packs, with the required content in the correct level of detail
– together with the project team: engage with the customer for technical discussions, progress reporting and MRBs.
– provide creative work-arounds and alternative approaches to the team that lead to decreasing cost and schedule.
– +10 years Electronics System Engineering in space projects involving design, qualification and AIT of avionics or avionics sub-units.
– +5 years of technical project management in space projects involving design, qualification and AIT of avionics or avionics sub-units.
– Leading project teams of +20 engineers from various disciplines.
– Preference for experience in OBC, RTU, PCDU.
– Must have gone through a complete product lifecycle (PDR, CDR, QAR/FAR).
Relevant project experience must be on ESA projects (following ECSS standards) for satellite avionics.
– Avionics related ECSS standards.
– ECSS PCB manufacturing and board population.
– Flight quality EEE components and harnessing.
– FPGA design and qualification processes.
– Software design and qualification processes.
– Environmental testing (qualification and acceptance).
– NCR handling and resolution.
– Understanding of automated testing using scripting and highly automated EGSEs.
– Understanding of mechanics (housing and mechanical integration), thermal and structural analysis.
– Languages: full English proficiency necessary, Dutch is an advantage.