Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an engineer to Support Prodex Office for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
- Providing inputs to and support to the definition of the programme of work for the development of the PRODEX experiments within the scientific institutes, in line with the instructions received from the PRODEX management. This task will include
- supporting the review of the experiment proposals
- the preparation
- the implementation and the monitoring of the research agreements between the Institutes and the PRODEX Office
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of industrial contracts. This includes:
- providing inputs to the preparation of Tender Documents
- participating in proposal evaluations
- prepare inputs to subsequent contract negotiations, monitor the end-to-end development of the activities contracted to the industrial consortia
- Supporting the monitoring of the technical, schedule and financial status of the developments assigned to her/him, identifying potential problem areas and recommend solutions
- Liaising between scientific institutes and industry when contracts are running
- Interfacing internally with the ESA project teams or specialists on technical/programmatic matters and with the ESA-ESTEC administration regarding the financial and contractual matters
- Providing Management and Programmatic inputs to the PRODEX Office management as required
- Preparing / providing inputs to reports as required
- Master’s in in physics or space engineering or related fields
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- A demonstrated experience in space instrumentation development, including system engineering.
- Notions of project management are mandatory and knowledge of project control principles an asset.
- A demonstrated experience in interacting with scientific institutions and industry, coupled with experience in the implementation, design, definition, manufacturing and test of Space Scientific Instruments in one of the domains of the Programme.
- The contractor shall demonstrate the ability to be system-oriented, with a general understanding of the project/problem to solve, and the ability to consult Agency specialists when deeper expertise is needed, and to integrate their inputs into a more global solution.
- The selected contractor must be willing to adapt to the individual and specific management style of each project and partners involved, in order to guarantee a successful development.
- The selected contractor will also have to assist with the administrative tasks of the PRODEX Office and with administrative tasks related to experiment and project implementation.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with a wide range of staff internally and externally.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 12th August to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.