Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Microwave Instrument System Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
The successful candidate will be working in liaison with a team of microwave instrument system engineers in the Future Missions and Instruments Division (EOP-8M) for the preparation of future ESA Earth Observation missions, in particular for new Earth Explorer/Earth Watch missions, Copernicus Sentinels, operational meteorology missions, Missions of Opportunity, F-sats and Scout missions.
- Development/acquisition, validation and maintenance of performance assessment tools for various spaceborne microwave instruments encompassing both active (radars) and passive (radiometers) instruments.
- Translation of mission/observation requirements to instrument requirements; improvement and maintenance of data processing tools.
- Performance Assessment of active and passive microwave instruments during the study phases (0, A, B1).
- Participation in the preparation and monitoring of instrument system andtechnology pre-development studies together with industry
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in electrical engineering or physics with background in microwave engineering or electromagnetics theory.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- A good end-to-end instrument system understanding of microwave radar and/or radiometers.
- Demonstrated experience in the theoretical derivation and software implementation of instrument performance models
- A good understanding of digital signal processing techniques.
- General understanding of the modelling of wave interactions with the atmosphere and surface scattering.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.
- Practical experience relevant to the tasks described above is an asset.
- Good familiarity with programming languages and computer programs such as Python, MatLAB, ADS, Excel, etc.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than September 1st to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.