Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a On-board Software System Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
- Supporting a variety of ESA space missions in the field of real-time embedded software and systems
- Participating in the full development lifecycle of the mission and on-board software
- Identifying technical risks and critical areas in the development process while assisting in their resolution
- Applying the principles of mission & safety critical software development across multiple disciplines
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to general studies in the field of real-time embedded software systems, flight software systems development and software validation facilities focused on both simulated environments and hardware in the loop
- Master’s or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with:
- Modern software engineering methods and tools
- Real-time embedded software and Real Time Kernels
- Software development projects and knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Programming languages: C, Ada, C++ and/or others
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN)
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C
- Knowledge of spacecraft systems would be an advantage
- Be able to function as part of a team.
- Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 1st September to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.