Field(s) of expertise
Procurement and Legal
About this job
Sapienza, a tpgroup company, is a European leader in Consulting, Digital Solutions, Workforce Solutions and Engineering Services across the full lifecycle of highly integrated space and defence programmes.
We work with major EU institutions and Commercial entities in the space and defence sector.
We are looking for a Legal and Contracts Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all contractual and legal aspects of our business solutions and services contracts. The person holding this position will also be involved and advise the bid team in the accurate interpretation and execution of contractual terms and conditions for new opportunities and tenders of interest to the company.
We are looking for a candidate who has in-depth knowledge of EU laws and European Institutions.
- Responsible for the review of contracts and/or documents of a legal nature coming from Sapienza’s customers.
- Participate in contract negotiations with customers, subcontractors and partners.
- Draft contracts and contract templates (NDA, Teaming Agreement, MoU etc.).
- Day-to-day management of Framework contracts, Single contracts and Purchase orders, reviewing and keeping track of Contract Change Notices (CCNs), Purchase Orders (PO) from our institutional and commercial clients.
- Interfacing with subcontractors, partners and consultants for all contractual matters.
- Ensure contractual data are up-to-date.
- Ensure that a reliable and logical filing of contract & legal documents is in place and up to date, ensuring easy and quick access to all contractual documents and correspondence from/to Customers, partners and subcontractors.
- Owner of all employment contract templates across Sapienza entities and regions.
- Provide legal support as and when needed.
- Act as main point of contact on legal compliance matters applicable to legal entities within the Sapienza Group including drafting and implementing of key policies, liaising with external counsel as necessary.
- Act as main point of contact and managing relationships with external legal counsel as needed from time to time.
- Keeping up-to-date on legal developments and ensuring compliance with European laws.
- Advising Sapienza staff on fulfilling the obligations related to data protection (GDPR) and preparing data mappings and privacy statements.
Responsibilities related to:
- Being thoroughly familiar with the Conditions of Tender and Contractual Obligations of EU institutions (namely ESA and other EU agencies).
- Reviewing terms and conditions on new bids and advising business on these for current and new contracts.
- Support bid management function on all administrative and contractual matters.
- Law degree or paralegal qualification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a contract manager involved in EU institutional contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of European contracting legislation and European compliance laws (ESA specific is an advantage).
- Good working knowledge on labour laws across key countries of operation (especially Netherlands, France and Germany).
- Able to identify, mitigate and prioritise contractual and commercial risks and issues.
- Capacity to anticipate and act proactively.
- Ability to effectively reach negotiated compromises (win-win approach).
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
- Must be fluent in English and one other European language (ideally Dutch or French both written and verbal.