Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
- Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Micro-Electronics Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
- Provision of VLSI (ASIC & FPGA) technical expertise to Projects involving requirements analysis, performance and budgets analysis, writing and assessment of VLSI specifications.
- Review, evaluation and checking of industrial contractor’s VLSI designs.
- Identification of design deficiencies and problem areas and proposals for their solutions.
- Design, analysis, verification of VLSI systems for control and data processing applications, and/or signal processing using industrial standard tools, hardware description and programming languages.
- Technical and administrative management of the ESA SystemC and synthesizable VHDL IP Core pool of designs. This work will involve:
- optimisation, update, and overall maintenance and of the ESA VHDL IP Cores databases
- provision of technical support to ESA IP Cores users (performing analysis and finding solutions to problems in VHDL code, documentation, or design methodology)
- holding a strong collaboration with our Contracts department in arranging and solving licences and patent issues
- advertising the ESA IP service (website, workshops, etc.), handling IP cores requests and their distribution
- The post holder will support ASIC and/or FPGA technology developments for R&D and /or projects, supervising that good design practices and manufacturing and test methodologies are applied.
- Independent verification (through code inspection, simulation and timing analysis) and validation (through HW tests) will have to be carried out for some ASIC and FPGAS developments.
- When asked to support development contracts regarding the above areas, act as the activity technical responsible, maintain interfaces with the prime contractors, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
- When supporting projects, interface with ESA’s project teams, the prime and lower-level contractors, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
- Master’s in engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the design of complex microelectronics systems, and familiarity with Industry standard VLSI/ASIC/FPGA CAD tools (e.g. CADENCE, SYNOPSYS, MENTOR, MATLAB, SPW) etc. is essential.
- Experience in hardware description languages (VHDL and/or Verilog HDL, SystemC) is essential.
- Being familiar with the Space applications of microelectronics
- Having knowledge of Space environment and quality requirements will be an important asset, but it is not mandatory.
- Experience with using third party Intellectual Property (IP) designs (in VHDL and/or SystemC) is a requirement.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 15th September to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.