Field(s) of expertise
Configuration Management Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Configuration Management Engineer for Sapienza to work as a part of our Service Team to EUMETSAT.
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for over 20 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of space missions including Galileo, EGNOS, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
EUMETSAT currently operates a system of staellites composed of:
- geostationary satellites of the Meteosat Second Generation Programme (MSG).
- polar-orbiting satellites as part of the EUMETSAT Polar System (EPS/ Metop)
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 A and B satellites,
- Jason-CS (Sentinel-6A Michael Freilich Mission) satellite.
Preparations for future satellite Programmes are well underway and include Meteosat Third Generation (MTG), EUMETSAT Polar System Second Generation (EPS-SG), Sentinel-6B and new Copernicus missions (such as CO2M).
As a part of our service team for EUMETSAT, you will:
- Work closely with the Technical Officer(s) regarding the implementation of CM plans & policies, as well as CM-related documentation
- Be in charge of the following areas of Configuration Management:
- Configuration Identification
- Change Control
- Configuration Status Accounting
- Configuration audits and inspections
- Overview the coordination of CM activities, including the review and tests of CM tools
- Manage end-user support and training
- Provide support and reports to Ground System, Facility, and System Procurements
- Provide support and reports to the IVV team
- Master’s in Engineering
- 2-8 years of relevant work experience
- Hands-on experience in managing Software, Hardware, and Documentation Configuration items.
- Experience with system configuration and software development activities (source code archiving, build and packaging, deployment) into configuration-controlled environment.
- Experience with at least one Change and Configuration Management tool (Micro Focus Dimensions CM, Clearcase and Clearquest)
- Experience with OOP languages such as Java or C++
- Experience with Relational Databases (Oracle, Sybase)
- Good interpersonal skills and experience ensuring timely deliverable, with a proven ability to work within and across teams
- Fluent in English; other languages will be considered an asset.
- Administration of a CM tool managing software, hardware, and document items
- Experience supporting end users and delivering training sessions
- Hands-on experience on collaborative complex and/or European programmes or projects involving different partners and different suppliers
- Experience with software or system testing methodologies and supporting tools
- Knowledge of anomaly/non-conformity management
- Knowledge of system engineering lifecycle
- Exposure to modelling engineering processes with tools such as Symbio
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.