Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an AOCS Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for over 20 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Support to the ESTEC AOCS/GNC Sensors Unit for the development and procurement of sensors and actuators
- The candidate must be familiar with general development process for hardware space equipment (key reviews, model philosophy)
- The Sensors Unit is in charge of gyroscopes, accelerometers, star trackers, APS detectors for star trackers, sun sensors, magnetic sensors and actuators, and bespoke GNC sensors such as navigation cameras, 3D cameras or Lidars for GNC
- The candidate shall have background in optical sensors for AOCS/GNC, for instance Star Trackers
- Knowledge in Software development and / or optics would be an asset
- The post holder will have access to the Sensors Lab, where technologies can be independently characterised
- The post holder shall provide regular Technical Reporting of the Hardware Development as well as contribute in the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews
- Master’s in engineering: Control, Electronics or Mechatronics
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of AOCS systems in different project phases
- HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators)
- AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB)
- Ability to interface with industry
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than December 20, 2021 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.