Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Payable Accoutant for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for over 20 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Analysing, validating and approving all Agency payments to suppliers in compliance with ESA accounting policy, the Financial Regulations, instructions and procedures (internal rules); carrying out related financial operations and interfaces with suppliers
- End-of-period adjustments, offsetting of prepayments against progress invoices and vendor clearing, analysis of balances, clearing of accrued costs versus invoices received and other accounting practises related to accounts payable
- Contributing to the verification of contracts/purchase orders and CCNs to ensure compliance with financial requirements
- Contributing to monthly and yearly closure of ESA accounts payable, ensuring accounts reconciliation, providing specific notes relating to ESA Financial Statements
- Contributing to drafting instructions, procedures and guidelines for the Sections/Divisions
- Responding to queries from industry
- Preparing urgent payment lists
- Maintaining close liaison with the appropriate Cost Centre managers, project managers and administrators providing financial advice and information on the relevant processes
- Other ad hoc financial accounting tasks as requested by management
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualifications in a financial discipline
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Very good knowledge of SAP and esa-p with regard to Procure-to-Pay process and related procedures
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than January 17, 2022 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.