Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an Electrical Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for over 20 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Providing active assistance to the EFM Electrical Engineer in charge of the ESTEC electrical installations under the responsibility of the EFM division, and to the Electrical Compliance Engineer;
- Controlling, monitoring and reviewing — notably by means of key performance indicators
- the execution of preventive- and corrective maintenance activities carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor (or by sub-contracted third-party companies) on the general infrastructure technical installations;
- Reviewing, coordinating and monitoring all activities related to the construction, renovation, or modification of the technical infrastructure installations; these activities are of a various nature: ad-hoc requests for works, refurbishments, new projects or investments;
- Monitoring and controlling the compliance with the applicable norms and legislations of all the works carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor or other third-party companies on the technical installations;
- Preparing work descriptions, technical specifications, or any other technical documents necessary for the coordination of small to large size projects related to technical installations;
- Providing active assistance on multi-disciplinary projects where works/activities on the technical installations are involved;
- Providing active assistance for the preparation, organisation, review and validation of work acceptance tests after construction, renovation, modification or maintenance of the technical installations;
- Implementation and maintenance of service and quality assurance procedures;
- Providing active assistance for studies about the operational condition, the performance, the upgrade and improvement of the technical installations and preparing corresponding improvement plans;
- Liaising, closely cooperating and maintaining a sound working relationship with colleagues within the section, in or outside the department, and with the site maintenance contractor.
- Identifying and implementing measures that will contribute to ESA’s commitment to reduce its energy consumption and CO2 footprint. The incumbent shall be ready to provide assistance on short notice in case of technical problems, operational requirements or emergencies
- At least a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in Facilities Management Engineering;
- At least a 5-year experience in building infrastructure and Facilities Management, with Electrical Engineering as an area of expertise;
- A proven capability in the above areas of responsibility and technical Facilities Management systems. A good knowledge of building automation tools is required.
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation, notably the applied electrical safety legislation and norms. The post holder shall manage, run and supervise works on high and low voltage installations NEN-EN50110 (NEN 3840 and NEN3140) and NEN1010. The candidate must therefore be in possession of the relevant certification or ready to obtain the corresponding Dutch qualification by following the appropriate training;
- Sound analytical skills; be able to analyse any situation, issue or installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair;
- Good skills in the MS Office software package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio);
- Moreover applicants should be able to work autonomously and be eager to learn and acquire further knowledge in building systems engineering. The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required. Knowledge of another member state language or of a language used within ESA’s environment is an advantage.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than February 10th 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.