Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a PA and Safety Support Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Maintenance and operation of the ESA/ESTEC Test Centre Division Quality and Safety Management System (QMS) in accordance with applicable requirements (i.e. EN-9100, ISO-9001, ECSS-Q-ST-20-07).
- Coordination, monitoring and reporting quality and safety related subjects;
- Ensuring the proper functioning of the safety processes applied in the test centre division;
- Liaising with the ESTEC Health, Safety, and Environmental Unit;
- Focal point for EN-9100, ISO-9001 and ECSS-Q-ST-20-07 certification bodies;
- Organisation of an effective implementation of the test centre audit programme and supporting the audits;
- Organising and supporting the NC review boards within the Test Centre, conduct root-cause and extent analyses, and contribute to the definition of action plans;
- Initiation, management, follow-up and close-out of the action items;
- Coordination and follow-up of audit findings and related actions in PMX tool;
- Administer and maintain the Test Centre Sharepoint QMS site;
- Organisation and completion of the regular review and timely update of QMS documentation;
- Organisation and preparation of management reviews;
- Preparation and coordination of safety- and risk assessments and dependability analyses;
- Liaising with the QMS coordinators of TEC-M and TEC;
- Maintain and manage the competence database of the Test Centre;
- Monitoring the maintenance, calibration and repair activities within the scope of the Test Centre;
- Assessing existing test facility installations and operations with respect to safety, cost effectiveness and performance to identify and suggest opportunities for improvement;
- Preparation, coordination and control of activities contracted to industry and other institutions related to installation, assembly and acceptance of new/upgrades to test facilities;
- Improving test methods and facilities in view of productivity, reliability and measurement quality;
- Supporting ESA projects in risks- and safety assessments for testing related activities.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of 10 year experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance or Space Environmental Testing;
- Experience leading quality audits, in particular with regards to ECSS standards and other international standards;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 01/03/2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.