Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Thermal System Engineer-Thermal Control for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Provide support to the Agency in the thermal engineering (design, analysis and verification area) related to the sections thermal control activities.
- Provide support to ESA projects, including CDF activities, interface with the project team, interface – if requested – with the industrial team, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
- Support the thermal control activities (project support and R&D activities) of the Section in the area of his/her specialization.
- Build geometrical and thermal models, perform relevant analyses, evaluate critically the results and issue relevant documentation covering all work performed.
- Support the maintenance and upgrading of thermal mathematical models.
- Support thermal verification test campaigns for ongoing ESA projects by performing/reviewing test procedures, test predictions and test correlations and attend the tests if required.
- Support ESA project reviews.
- Support European standardization activities
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- The person shall have a very good background and experience in thermal modelling and analysis as well as thermal spacecraft design and verification.
- He/she shall also have a very good background and knowledge of spacecraft system aspects.
- He/she shall also have a very good background and experience with the Agency’s thermal analysis tools, e.g. ESATAN-TMS
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 24/02/2022 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.