Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Radio Navigation Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances in a hybrid Positioning-Navigation-Timing (PNT) framework (e.g. derivation of system performances and requirements, GNSS algorithms at signal and position level, alternative PNT systems and use of signals from LEO and from terrestrial cellular systems such as 5G, dead-reckoning motion sensors, etc.).
- Contribute to the Agency’s R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation, among others, in the following areas: future PNT systems and concepts, integrity and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, situational awareness and mitigation of local impairments, use of signals of opportunity and 5G / 5G NTN) for improved availability, reliability and resilience.
- Participation and active contributions to ESA activities supporting standardisation bodies and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including for example, R&D activities, procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies / test user segments;
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
- Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering or Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Minimum of 4-year experience, but 10-year would be preferred
- Background and solid experience including hands-on experience on testbeds and field trials in several of the following fields:
- GNSS/SBAS systems and associated user technologies,
- Non-GNSS PNT systems and user technologies (in particular those involving 5G and/or V2X technologies);
- Advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (e.g. 5G signals, angular measurements, MIMO, kalman filter, sensor fusion, etc.);
- Space and ground systems architecture;
- Experience in one or more of the following fields is considered an asset:
- PNT integrity (e.g. SBAS, ARAIM) and safety, GNSS receivers for launchers or satellites, space equipment for wireless systems (TTC, GNSS, satcom)
- Eligibility to obtain an EU personal security clearance from the relevant national authority.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 27/02/2022 to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.