Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Programme/Project Controller for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Candidate will deal with Project Control activities in the Earth Observation Business Unit Controlling Office in support to one or several mission(s) in the Earth Observation Projects Department. As such, (s)he will be assigned to and directly support the relevant project manager and will liaise closely with related services inside and outside the Directorate.
The Candidate will report hierarchically to the Head of the relevant Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to the relevant project manager(s).
Tasks will include:
- Preparing, maintaining and reporting on the overall programmatic aspects (cost, finance, schedule, industrial return, risk, forward looking estimates and progress control as well as general project administration) of the project/missions, utilizing established procedures and financial/information systems;
- This relates to:
- Cost At Completion (covering financial aspects of space segment, payload, launch, ground segment, LEOP and Agency manpower and provided services);
- Cost Plans & budget preparation covering industrial and operating including workforce related costs;
- Financial status of industrial contracts including payment plans and internal costs, including overheads, for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- Industrial geographical return monitoring and forecast;
- For the above, active monitoring is expected, identifying and reporting trends, deviations to plans, potential problem areas and proposing remedial actions in coordination with the project manager(s);
- Supporting Project Manager(s) in preparing, administrating and monitoring of Project procurement actions (Contracts, Purchase Orders, etc…);
- Supporting Project Manager(s) in Contract/Change negotiations and Change Control/Review Boards; contributing to the preparation of contract change documents;
- Maintaining historical project databases and Project Plan Annexes;
- Interfacing with Industry counter-part on all financial and administrative matters of industrial contract(s) to ensure their compliance with established formal requirements;
- Supporting the Head of Office in executing the office’s duties, including participation in the definition and improvement of the project control procedures, computerized information and controlling systems;
- Support EOP Asset Manager in the accounting of ESA assets;
- Assist in the preparation of project(s) audits.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the Administration and Control of large projects, preferably in engineering driven organization.
- Experience in the use of planning and project control tools, and in budget and accounting software and databases.
- Candidates are expected to be result oriented and have to demonstrate excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- They must possess good judgment, integrity and good communications skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel is expected.
- Experience with ESA systems (e.g. esa-p) and/or with Tableau (or similar tools) is an asset.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.