Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an Application Support (Junior Engineer) for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). To ensure success as an application support engineer, you should possess experience in providing application support in a secure environment.
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Candidate will provide user support, configuration and maintenance of software applications. In this role, your duties will include communicating with the Client receiving requests for support, providing consultancy support, troubleshooting incidents, coordinating with 3rd line support (external vendors or Senior Engineers), and performing successful application maintenance.
Tasks will include:
- First point of contact for User’s request for support
- Application configuration and user management
- Administer and resolve applications issues
- Perform root cause analysis, find workarounds and escalate when necessary to the Senior Engineer or external vendors
- Coordinate with teams and resolve all complex application and system issues.
- Plan, execute request and implement applications and configuration change procedures to ensure optimal Quality assurance for all applications.
- Maintain good professional relationships with counterparts of engineering and customer support departments.
- Provide assistance to all processes under guidance of team Senior Engineers.
- Recommend ways to optimize performance and provide solution to problems and prepare reports for all problems.
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Registering the requests for support in the ticketing system
- Issue short How to guides for application users
- A bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as an application support engineer in a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of front-end and back-end.
- Exceptional ability to provide front-end support to clients.
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
- Familiar with hardware equipment
- Knowledge of VMware virtualization (2 years)
- Experienced with Windows Server Administration, Active Directory and Group Policies (2 years)
- Experienced with RedHat Linux (2 years)
- Familiarity with network technologies, LAN, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience in working in highly secured environment will be considered as advantage
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.