Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an I-HAB Baseline Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Personnel shall provide engineering support to the project teams for the definition and control of the engineering baseline in multilateral programmes implemented in collaboration with other international partner Space Agencies. The Personnel will be fully integrated or providing functional support to the related project team. This includes support to the day-to-day monitoring of the activities of the involved Industrial Contractor(s), review of technical documentation and daily discussions with Participating Agencies, for instance NASA, CSA, and JAXA.
- Responsible to control that the engineering baseline is in line with the Programme as well as with the ESA requirements during the whole project lifetime. This includes:
- Ensure that programme requirements are correctly flown down into element, subsystem and equipment level requirements and safeguard their consistent, tracking
- Maintain the DOORS Database instances and related links to the other tools;
- Support the definition and planning of element and programme verification activities to be executed jointly by international partner agencies.
- Support to Project Working Groups and Boards
- Review of Industry Specification(s) at all levels
- Support ESA internal Engineering Control Board (ECB), Change Control Board (CCB), MRBs, TRR/PTRs, VCB and other meetings as per team leader request
- Support to project reviews (e.g. PDRs, CDRs, QRs, ARs and others)
- Support MBSE and IT set-up and implementation activities
- Support the ESA project manager by keeping under control the contracted engineering baseline.
- Anticipate engineering changes to the baseline and enable technical discussions with industry, project and programme experts
- Keep the CFI/GFE list up-to-date, and in line with the multilateral exchange agreements for hardware, software, data and information
- Support the preparation, release and maintenance of the Multilateral documentation and the tracking of Data and CFI/GFE exchanges in accordance with multinational agreements between the international partner Agencies.
- Maintain of CFI/GFE content and planning data, consistently with project needs
- Support audits and suppliers assessments
- Supporting the NC review boards, conduct root-cause and extent analyses, and contribute to the definition of action plans
- Support the Engineering and Baseline, Verification and AIT Team Leaders of the project in execution of their tasks
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience with design and development in human spaceflight projects
- High Operational Efficiency and proven results in the area of relationship management and efficiently in the cooperation with various customer(s)
- Able to work independently
- Experience working with other international space agencies
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.