Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an ESA Platforms & Automation Support Service for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
Overview of Service Environment
Within esa it’s Security and Shared Infrastructure services Division, the Platforms and Automation Section is delivering self-service and automated platforms to technical IT user communities within all ESA.
Those platforms are often customised to the ESA-specific needs and focus on enhancing and extending the existing security and infrastructure services from the division.
The go.esa.int platform is one main example of this. It is a self-service portal where ESA users can go and request IT infrastructure services such as virtual machines, containers, network and object storage, networks etc. One of the newer modules on go.esa.int is focusing on the self-service request and management of network security zones (Go-NRF), following the principles of network segmentation. This allows users to request dedicated networks and specify allowed communication from/to other already existing ESA networks.
Another platform offered by the section is main ESA DevOps platform, currently based on Gitlab.
- On boarding and support to end users:
- Provide technical support to the HIF adoption teams and new users on the go and gitlab services and advise which service best suits the customer needs.
- Coordinate the support requests to make sure that they are on-time and properly addressed by a member of the team.
- System Administration support to the Gitlab platform
- Monitor and manage the operations Gitlab infrastructure, following the principles of Site Reliability Engineering Take over the role of organisation administrator for the vCloud Director organisations supporting goesacloud (06 and 09)
- Perform organisation capacity management and performance management using tool vCenter Operations as well as OBS monthly report which outlines capacity & performance of the managed organization
- Expansion of the go.esa.int service
- Design and develop PoC’s based on open source tools for new or improved services
- Identify new potential services that could be provided in esacloud
- Expand the service portfolio to include managed operating system service
- Management and Evolution of the network automation service (goNRF)
- Maintenance and evolution of the current code base, both backend and frontend
- Explore and support the industrialization of the goNRF to the Network Service Provider
- Develop new API endpoints with the various network-related services
- Create integrations to evolve the platform and its functionality to support a Zero Trust network model, automating the new system registration process.
- Software development platform (GITLAB) technical management
- System administration for the whole platform, including application server and DevOps runners
- Contribute to the evolution of the architecture of the platform
- User support, including on-boarding procedures
- Support the migration of new customers from legacy platforms
- Contribute to the general roadmap for the Software Development platform environment
- Management and evolution of the network automation services
- Monthly report on tasks performed, milestones achieved, and problems encountered during the reporting period. The report shall also contain an outlook on activities planned for the upcoming reporting period.
- Monthly status and progress reporting shall be provided to the Technical Officer.
- Msc in Computer Science
- At least 5 years’ experience with service delivery in the areas of:
- DevOps platforms (incl. CI/CD)
- Automation through software development (front-end based on react)
- API integrations
- Understanding of cloud infrastructures and technologies, including containers
- Experience on Automation and DevOps tools, e.g git, Ansible, Terraform
- Software development, Python, Go, TypeScript
- Demonstrated use Web development technologies, both back-end and front end.
- Independent with the ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong focus on customer service
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset