Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Documentation Management Support for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) within the Directorate of Engineering, Systems and Quality.
Please note this is a full-time position, but there is flexibility and/or part time options.
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Candidate will provide service support in relation to the following:
- Hera mission: creation and implementation of a document management system
- Proba-3 mission: consolidation and preparation of documents datapack and overview to support the mission’s qualification acceptance review
Taking into account the development of these missions, the Candidate will take responsibility over records management for other missions implemented within the same department. In general, responsibility includes the management, as well as improvement, of the processes related to the use of electronic documentation and configuration systems, management tools (e.g. for action tracking) and reviews organization.
Tasks will include:
- Gathering of deliverable documents from the Project Industrial Consortium, Principal Investigators, Technical Officers and in-house experts;
- Manage the entire lifecycle of documents (e.g. registration, update, review and approval cycle, filing, distribution and archiving) and provide support for documentation handovers (e.g. from Projects to Operations, to Science, to industry);
- Support project team in retrieving information and documents;
- Support to selection, test and enhancement of document management systems and concepts, and of future improvements adapting to the projects’ evolution;
- Support to migration activities from a document management system to another (e.g. testing metadata and checking transferred content in line with the dedicated procedure);
- Monitor and maintain the content of servers in line with the requirements and adopted guideline (e.g. periodical cleaning and final closure of the dedicated area when exchange activities come to an end);
- Ensure incoming and outgoing information/documentation conforms to applicable processes (including QMS), procedures and working practices;
- Assist and support in the definition of TEC-S record management and archiving processes and procedures;
- Perform the implementation of the archiving process that will include at least the identification of the records, their inventory and transfer/disposal;
- Handling confidential and export-controlled information (e.g. ITAR) and access rights of users with respect to these deliverables;
- Provide assistance in documentation handling to the Payload teams / Science Teams and supporting users in retrieving documents from sources like Eclipse and sharepoint;
- Acting as a point of contact for all the Project interfaces for documentation tools;
- Provision of support to the Project Control, Procurement Team and Product Assurance Sections in the processing of requests for deviations, requests for waivers, contract change notices, keeping track of them and providing overviews;
- Support mission projects reviews in Eclipse and organize the review cycles.
Deliverables & KPIs:
- Hera: document manage system, requests for deviations and waivers approval system approval system
- Proba-3: documents datapack and overview to support the mission’s qualification acceptance review
- The Candidate shall provide a quarterly report on the service provision. The structure and delivery timing of the report shall be defined and agreed at the start of the contract.
- Processing of the weekly document deliveries by industry within 3 working days;
- Consolidation of the mission datapack and mission qualification documentation at QAR – 2 months.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification;
- At least 4 years of previous relevant work experience in a similar role;
- Proven experience in document management activities and thorough knowledge of document management processes;
- Familiarity with the implementation phase of a space mission;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills as well as distinctive customer focus and be a strong team player;
- Be at ease working within multi-cultural teams;
- Have a good knowledge of document management systems and associated IT competences, as a minimum sharepoint and the ECLIPSE Software Suite;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
The following competencies are considered assets:
- General knowledge of the relevant ECSS standards
- Familiarity with the archiving standards
- General knowledge of the ESA projects lifecycle and structure and familiarity with ESA Project Reviews procedures
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.