Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an Assistant Controller for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of procurement actions for the assigned ESA sites and of associated progress in terms of output/schedule/resources.
- Assessment and monitoring of the status of procurement actions and work requests (using ESA Corporate and local IT Tools) for the assigned sites, including activity progress, maintenance of payment plans, correctness of financial charging, invoicing and payment.
- Implementing all administrative actions related to procurement and contractual matters for the assigned sites, including data entry in ESA Corporate (e.g. SAP) and local application as appropriate and monitoring of financial commitments and payment milestones, invoicing, etc.
- Assisting in maintaining, for the assigned sites, up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the sites’ support officers, as required.
- Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data for the assigned sites, as required.
- Support to the processes related to the main resources of the organizational entity (i.e. budgets, manpower, staffing), including planning, execution and follow-up of activities and resources (budgets, manpower, missions, recharges) for the sites’ support officers, as required.
- Support to the assets and inventories management processes (including technical databases) for the assigned sites, as required.
- Support to the assigned sites for worked time activities processes in line with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of the required tool, as required.
- Support travel management processes with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of the required tool, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience as user of SAP, in particular ECC and SRM modules. Familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (i.e. ESA-p, CIFM) is an asset.
- Experience in accounting/finance and procurement domains.
- Experience in controlling is an asset.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/ databases of standard office automation support software packages including, in particular, advanced usage of Excel.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
- Ability to work in multicultural teams and matrix organisations.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
- Basic knowledge in French.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.