Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Mechanical Design and Analysis for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Candidate shall design Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) developing the corresponding CAD models, perform relevant analysis, conduct a review of the design and issue the relevant datapack covering all work performed and sufficient for manufacturing the designed parts.
The MGSE shall be suitable for cleanroom environment (e.g. laboratory test set-up or adapters for mechanical tests – vibration, acoustic, shock), and/or for thermal vacuum conditions (e.g. MGSE to be deployed inside a thermal vacuum chamber with temperature as cold as 100K and pressure as low as 10^-7mbar, with possible use of Sun Simulator).
The Candidate shall take care, at ESTEC premises, when required, of the acceptance of designed parts (e.g. proof load test).
- Perform Mechanical CAD design of parts (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment – MGSE) required in support of testing in the Test Centre or in the ESTEC laboratories. The designed parts shall be ready for manufacturing.
- Select parts and materials suitable for the target application (e.g. vacuum qualified material for thermal vacuum applications).
- Perform structural analysis, both static and dynamic, by means of Finite Element Models (FEM) and CAD tools (e.g. Nastran/Patran) or by means of direct calculations.
- Perform thermal analysis for the designed parts and where required (e.g. MGSE for thermal vacuum application) by means of direct calculations.
- Perform or witness acceptance tests (e.g. load tests, functional tests).
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all the tasks above.
- Ensure delivery of the requested deliverables within the agreed time frame and budget, in line with the agreed content and quality.
- Timely response to the call-off order requests with a proposal of at least a quality of ‘good’
- Timely delivery of the progress reports
- Master’s Degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Solid Background and experience in mechanical design of MGSE, including for thermal vacuum applications and structural and thermal analysis;
- Solid background and experience with the following or equivalent CAD tools for design and analysis: CATIA V5, 3D Experience, Nastran;
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink is considered an asset.;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU