Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Work at the forefront of innovation in the space sector, specialising in satellite communications, offering worldwide stakeholders unrivalled expertise to design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems.
This is your opportunity to join an expanding company with a range of engagements that now requires a new Security Group be created to manage the Company’s ever growing security needs. These needs include the maintenance of our secure facilities, managing our vetting process, protecting our conflict-of-interest (CoI) reputation, advising on improved security management controls (including cyber security) and liaising with staff across the business to deliver training and support in security related aspects.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Security Director and be at the forefront of how our security services evolve. Therefore, this represents an ideal opportunity to influence at the Company development stage and through a well thought through security strategy.
- Take management responsibility for security-related aspects across the Company.
- Review, update, extend and survey inhouse security policies, procedures, and processes.
- Overseeing the administration of security functions across the company covering facilities infrastructure, workforce and information security.
- Retain, enhance and manage our UK-site Facility Security Clearance (FSC) capability and supporting MOD requested surveillance and accreditation activities.
- Overall responsible for the security vetting process used within the Company and from application to renewal.
- Reviewing, addressing, and coordinating all Company security related reported incidents and responses.
- Advising the Security Director with regards to evolving security standards, recommendations, and practises.
- Ensuring conditions set out each Programme related Security Aspects Letter (SAL) is fully implemented and adhered to.
- Managing how material at different classification levels is to be handled.
- Working with the Head, Corporate IT to ensure that computing equipment and infrastructure is suitably protected and that provisions are in place to avoid miss-use.
- Establish and promote activities (in coordination with the IT Manager, HR Manager and Facilities Manager) that will further build client trust and confidence.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices in security governance, risk management and compliance.
- Regular reporting of activities to the Security Director.1895
- Overseeing the implementation of the CoI regime.
- Internal training to staff on security matters.
- Representing the Company to external clients and with respect to security management.
- Developing security-related management plans based on project requirements.
- Leadership and influence in promoting security management practices, processes, and procedures across the Company.
- Strong team-working capabilities needed to establish positive relationships with business and functional teams.
- Designing, arranging and delivering internal security-related training.
- Experience of the MOD BPSS/BDS/FSB processes, advisory services, and associated implementation.
- Sound awareness of information security and latest developments in cyber security practises.
- Record of having identified and articulated company security requirements.
- Experience of security risk management.
- Team player with the ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Strong integrity, independence, and resilience.
- Record of influencing highest management of security related initiatives.
- Awareness of security aspects and related to engineering.
- Practical expertise in developing Company security management policies, standards and recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of information security standards such as the UK Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework, ISF Standard of Good Practice for Information Security, JSP 440, JSP 470 and ISO27000.
- Proven experience of information security management gained in a Defence and/or Government capacity.
- Proven experience of the UK national security vetting system.
- Proven record of dealing with a broad range of stakeholders and at all levels. This covers both internal members and external parties.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a complex workload whilst dealing with near term events.
- Experience of CoI management.
- Valid UK SC or above clearance or ability to obtain it